Tuesday, April 29, 2008

Hurkey Crack

Hurkey creek is one of my favorite places to mt bike! so i was super excited for this race! Slate and me decided to be a team of two for the eight hour event! I started off the race with the mile run start and the I hopped on my bike for a peddle pushing 10 mile course. Our strategy was that i would do one lap and then slate would do two, with a run in between to practice some bricks... well let me tell you after my first lap there was no way i could continue on my other laps if i ran in between... so I just plopped down with my feet in the air and stuffed my face! way better then running :)
Exciting Events on my laps....
There was a snake on the trail so I had to stop and throw a rock at it to have it move out of my way..
I ate crap a couple of times...
Chain fell off...
i was stoked that nothing too serious happened and we were able to finish the race with success... i did 30 miles and slate did 40!
After we were finished we cheered on the other teams that were riding through the night!

No comments: