Tuesday, April 8, 2008

Folsom Fun



Today was the "BIG" day... my first Xterra Triathlon, up in folsom!
Oh how I love folsom, i would love to live there: Auburn, Tahoe, San Fran, Reno (my cousins place) all a hop skip and a jump away! maybe someday :) Anyways the race was super fun.. fast and furious... lots of mud/dirt/sand i was loving it! any excuse to get dirty.. i was perposley hitting all the mud puddles!

The Swim:
Was Super cold, the day before i went out and bought a neoprene cap! saved my life.
My swim was very uneventful... swam some.. then it was shallow again.. ran some..very akward and super funny seeing a bunch of people running in waist deep water trying to get ahead of everyone... i was laughing... swam again... and finally made it to the shore! "SCORE" first leg down! :)



The Bike:
My Fingers were Frozen! I felt crippled, i was starting to freak myself out because i was not able to move my right thumb to change gears.... i ended up letting go of my handle bars and pushing my gear with the palm of my hand...i was thinking what if i getting hypothermia, i looked down and my legs were super red... and i couldn't feel my feet... after about 10 minutes my hand was defrosted. The bike was a blast and i was stoked to make it through without any bike trouble (my front brake was not working the day before.. i had to pump it to get it to work)but no problems at all during the race.. super stoked... oh ya and on my second lap a huge deer crossed the trail in front of me only about 10 feet away... very exciting..!



The Run:
The run was easier then i had expected it to be.. i couldn't feel my feet but my legs felt great! i was able to hold a steady pace the whole way and was enjoying the beautiful landscapes. did i mention i love folsom!!! I finished the race and was super stoked to have accomplished an off road tri~!! i don't think i can go back to racing road again.... :)

we had a great day and slate finished 4th in his age group and i finished 3rd... we both receive tropheys and we were ready to head home!

No comments: