Tuesday, April 29, 2008

Desert tri

My first Olympic Distance Race.....Desert Tri in Palm Desert
When we arrived in Palm Desert and it was super windy and we were not looking forward to racing in such crazy wind...
The next morning the wind had died down and everyone was stoked and ready to race before the wind picked up again.

The Swim: was super fun! i was able to get out to the far right with one person next to me... i was sighting her instead of looking for the buoy which she did for me every couple of strokes, it was perfect.... I only had to look up a couple of times and before I knew it i was rounding the first buoy..I did have to backstroke a couple of times to catch my breath but other than that i was proud of conquering that swim distance.

The Bike: well, i have not been on my road bike since January 1st and the seat was sooo uncomfortable, but i made it around the first lap and was getting tired toward the end of my second lap..... i really need to start hammering on the road bike more...

The Run: was HOT! and i had a running buddy the last three miles so we kept eachother going on the run... i felt like a coach with this little boy running next to me.... heheheh later i found out he was 17, man i thought he was 12... either kids are looking younger or i'm getting old!!

No comments: