Thursday, January 24, 2008

Ready to Rumble in the Jungle...

This past weekend I survived the 10k run followed by a 16 mile mountain bike race at the rio bravo rumble. Talk about tough... that was a mental challenge that I still can't believe I completed... my run was my basic 10 min/mile trying to keep my heart rate at 184 or lower...
up the huge mountain i had to walk, trying to stop my shoulder and side from cramping and hopefully saving some energy for my bike leg.

I finished the run and was now ready to stop pounding my body and pumping my legs.. i started off fast! I WAS RACING... :) about after a small fast down hill the climb started and i was ready to quit.. "damn i cant move my legs anymore"... just trying to keep my pistons moving my right calf (not that huge cow to the right of me that I thought was going to jump at me) was cramping.. bad.. i had to stop at every hill to stretch.. sucks... i had to just focus on keeping my legs moving and the intake of my gel and electro's... in the back of my mind I was thinking slates probably done by now!

(Below is a Picture of Mandy..... she started an hour and 1/2 after me, caught up to me and
flew past me like i was standing still!)

/


Finally I hit the must needed downhill and flew past three people.... i was so stoked that i actually past someone..." now I'm REALLY RACING" hehehe One more loop and I was finished... yippy ...


Slate ended up winning the race, just like last year.. i knew he would do it :) I ended up winning 1st also in my age group (shhh don't tell anyone i was the only one in my age group).. anyways i was stoked i won some cash to our local bike shop....
sufferfest it was!!

No comments: